[cisco-voip] IPCC Dead Air

Bill Riley III BRiley at jackhenry.com
Tue Mar 21 12:16:42 EST 2006

I have a CCM 4.1.3 SR2 with IPCC Enhanced 4.0(2)_Build005. I have all of
the calls going to this central call center. The Call center is setup
with one queue with about 4 to 5 people signed in at any given time.
When I call into the numbers that are sent to the call center I hear a
small amount of ring back and I can also see in the router where the
POTS call is accepted and sent to the Call Manager. I then hear about
6-8 seconds of silence while the IPCC server has accepted the call and
waits for an agent to pick it up. The call is not in a queued state,
there are agents available. The customer does not want an initial
greeting when the call comes in, they want it to go directly to an agent
and have the agent answer. The problem is this amount of dead air during
the time IPCC accepts it and the time an agent answers it. Some of the
external callers think they are getting dropped because they hear dead
air and no ring back. Is there anyway to have the call center server, or
something, keep sending ring back to the outside callers until the agent
picks up the phone.

Thanks,

Bill Riley

Network Engineer