[cisco-voip] IPCC Dead Air

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:27:55 EST 2006

Is this where the call is in the process of being transfered to an agent and
is on hold? If so you can setup a music on hold file of a phone ringing and
set it up for (I think) network hold audio source for your JTAPI lines. Then
when the call goes on hold while its ringing at the agent, the caller will
hear ringback.

On 3/21/06, Bill Riley III <BRiley at jackhenry.com> wrote:

>  I have a CCM 4.1.3 SR2 with IPCC Enhanced 4.0(2)_Build005. I have all of
> the calls going to this central call center. The Call center is setup with
> one queue with about 4 to 5 people signed in at any given time. When I call
> into the numbers that are sent to the call center I hear a small amount of
> ring back and I can also see in the router where the POTS call is accepted
> and sent to the Call Manager. I then hear about 6-8 seconds of silence while
> the IPCC server has accepted the call and waits for an agent to pick it up.
> The call is not in a queued state, there are agents available. The customer
> does not want an initial greeting when the call comes in, they want it to go
> directly to an agent and have the agent answer. The problem is this amount
> of dead air during the time IPCC accepts it and the time an agent answers
> it. Some of the external callers think they are getting dropped because they
> hear dead air and no ring back. Is there anyway to have the call center
> server, or something, keep sending ring back to the outside callers until
> the agent picks up the phone.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bill Riley
>
> Network Engineer
>
> Jack Henry & Associates
>
> Office:417-888-4900
>
> briley at jackhenry.com

Ed Leatherman
IP Telephony Coordinator
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations