[cisco-voip] trying to setup dhcp scope for iphones on dc

Simon, Bill BillS at tns.its.psu.edu
Mon Mar 27 09:49:28 EST 2006

Multiple subnets on a single router interface will confuse DHCP unless you
specify that they are "shared subnets" on the DHCP server.  Sniff the wire
at your DHCP server and see if any DHCP requests are coming in from the
phones.  If so, and they're being routed there by way of an ip
helper-address, is the gateway address they're coming from within your phone
scope?

I don't know Windows DHCP but it sounds like the Windows equivalent of a
shared subnet config is what's needed.

Bill

  _____