[cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

Bell, Joe Joe_Bell at adp.com
Fri Mar 31 00:58:35 EST 2006

Try this switch port config:

Interface Fa 0/1

   switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

   switchport mode trunk

   switchport trunk native vlan 5

   switchport voice vlan 90

   spanning-tree portfast

.

Joe

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of ash AD
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:30 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

I know this is probably elementary but, I am having issues getting a 7960 to work with a PC hanging off the phone PC port. I am using CCM 4.1(3)sr2 with the latest firmware device pack loaded (26.3). The phones a hanging from a 3524XL inline power switch. I am able to DHCP IPs from both the voice and access vlans from the switch in phone/PC separate port configuration. I tried two different configurations on the switch ports:

Interface Fa 0/1

   switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

   switchport mode trunk

   switchport access vlan 5

   switchport voice vlan 90

(In this mode the DHCPs an IP and works, but the PC never DHCPs an IP)

Interface Fa 0/1

   switchport mode access

   switchport access vlan 5

   switchport voice vlan 90

(In this mode the PC DHCPs an IP and works, but the phone does not work)

Can someone tell me if I am stuck on stupid here? Thanks all!

Peter

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.