[cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

Kevin Thorngren kthorngr at cisco.com
Fri Mar 31 12:27:27 EST 2006

Depends on the type of switch.   For the 3524-PWR XL, which I believe
the email originator has, you do configure 802.1q trunk to support the
voice vlan.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35wc3/
sc/swgports.htm#55374

"Before you configure a Catalyst 3524-PWR XL port to carry IP voice
traffic, configure the port as an 802.1Q trunk and as a member of the
voice VLAN (VVID). See the "Configuring a Trunk Port" section for
instructions."

Kevin