[cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

Nikola Stojsin nikola at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 31 13:33:36 EST 2006

Whether it works or not or how well really depends on which switch and IOS
version one runs. It positively does not work (but is accepted) on later-IOS
3560s, under any kind of load - I tested this in my lab. (I also had a site
that - as it transpired - upgraded the IOS, but did not change the
configuration; they ended up contacting me to resolve 'voice-quality' issues
with their phone system.) Those two are, however, my only two first-hand
experiences with old config problems.

I really do not see any downside to using the new configuration; apart from
more typing (AutoQoS helps with that). Cisco should have made this change
from trunk-based to access-based configuration clearer long time ago, IMHO.

Nikola Stojsin
CCIE #12888