[cisco-voip] No Call Proceeding received for CM to Avaya PBX via TDM/H323 trunk

Riley, Andrew Andrew.Riley at getronics.com
Wed Aug 1 07:54:50 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Has anyone had success/experience with connecting an Avaya PBX to a
Cisco Call Manager via a TDM and H323 link. See topology below. I have
seen all the Cisco doc's about doing H323 direct to CCM but this is not
feasible in this particular environment.

IP phone------Cisco CM
----mgcp-----3845-----q931------2811-----h323--------Avaya
PBX------Phone

Analog Phone

Calls from the analog phone are successful end to the Avaya
Calls from Avaya to the IP Phone are successful
Calls from the IP Phone to the Avaya Fail.

Attached are the traces from the 2811 for a failed call. We are seeing
the h225 setup go out to the Avaya, but the Avaya doesn't respond with a
call proceeding. The Avaya signal's its phone so it rings but as the
2811 doesn't receive CALLPROC h225 times out and the IP Phone gets slow
busy tone. The strange thing is that the analog phone calling the same
pattern work no problem.

My suspicion is that the Avaya is dropping the call as it doesn't like
some information in the IE bits of the h225 setup for a call from the IP
Phone but as there is less info in the analog call setup it proceeds.
The Avaya folk have not been able to provide reason for not sending the
CALLPROC back.

Any input is much appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew Riley
Technical Consultant - Communication Services
CCIE # 18285 Voice

Getronics Australia Pty Limited
Getronics combines the service capabilities of the original Dutch
company with those of Wang Global, acquired in 1999, and of the Olivetti
systems and services division. We are ranked second worldwide in network
and desktop outsourcing and fourth in network consulting and integration
(Source: IDC 2002-2003).

2 Minna Close
Belrose NSW 2085
Australia
Tel:       +61 2 9847 7309
Fax:      +61 2 9847 7378
Mobile:  +61 402 894 793
Email:    andrew.riley at getronics.com

Communication Services | Security Services | Application Services |
Workspace Management Services | Technology Transformation Services

www.getronics.com.au <http://www.getronics.com.au/>

Please note that whilst we take all care, neither Getronics nor the
sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan for viruses. The contents are intended only for
use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material and any use by other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee
immediately and delete the material.