[cisco-voip] 2851-intertel

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:47:51 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

Here is an update on my original question.

We used an VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 for the link between my 2851 and the Intertel. I
don't know what version of software the Intertel was running, but it's a
pretty recent one.
It was simpler than I thought on the cisco side, don't really know about the
intertel side of things though. Below I pasted the config for the T-1:

network-clock-participate wic 0

controller T1 0/0/1
 framing esf
 linecode ami
 cablelength short 133
 ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

dial-peer voice 110 pots
 description "Intertel"
 destination-pattern 153..
 port 0/0/1:0
 forward-digits 5

Now it is still under testing but so far I have had it up 1 week and no
issues at all. Might tweak it if anything comes up but so far nothing has.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Joel P

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 03:48:05PM -0400, Joel Perez wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody out there has ever made an INtertel work with a
> 2851?
> Here is the scenario, I have 2 offices, One of them is brand new and is
> going to be using a 2811 running CME/CUE. There is an existing office that
> is running an INtertel PBX. I have never dealt with one of those so I cant
> give any specifics on it. We want 5 digit dialing between office A and
> office B. Both offices are connected to each other over an MPLS cloud.
> Since the INtertel cant do SIP we are adding a 2851 in between the
Intertel