[cisco-voip] FW: Speakerphone cuts out

Pioch Sergej sergej.pioch at badenit.de
Wed Aug 8 01:55:30 EDT 2007

We had a similar issue. Which firmware is currently installed on the
phone? We encountered this behavior after updating a CCM 4.3 with the
newest service release (4.2(3)SR2b) which also contained a devicepack
newer than 4.2(3.20).

In our lab we could reproduce this behavior. The following occurred in
conjunction with the pickup function. If the user presses the pickup
button and immediately lifts the headset, he will not hear the other
side speaking, but the other party hears loud and clear. If the user
presses the pickup button and waits for the display to come ready, means
showing all information, the phone is ringing for one time and he now
lifts the headset everything works fine. The behavior of the phone is
completely different with an older firmware version.

Best regards

S. Pioch

badenIT GmbH