[cisco-voip] cisco-voip Digest, Vol 54, Issue 38

Ellington, Chris Chris.Ellington at inin.com
Thu Aug 9 11:12:24 EDT 2007

After reading the relevant sections of the guide, I have three follow on
questions:

1) Anyone know what "packet capture" does on the server?  From reading,
it appears that it merely creates the traces but since it indicates it
can cause fairly high CPU I want to make sure it's not doing something
more

2) What magic does TAC perform/what tool is used to decrypt?  It would
be nice to decrypt without opening a case and waiting on TAC

3) What about 4.x?  I'm searching CCO now for this answer but if someone
knows off the top of their head...

Thanks,

Chris

>Hi Chris
>
>if you want to capture and decode encrypted signaling and voice
>traffic in a Unified CM 5.X environment this is the way to go:
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooti
ng_guide_chapter09186a00806b7b4a.html#wp>1090938