[cisco-voip] CM Installation

Paul Choi asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 11:37:29 EDT 2007

On that note, I'd just like to say

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM AVOCENT!

We installed an IP-KVM and everytime we'd try to
remotely administer the CCM/Unity/CRS boxen attached
to them, random weird crap would happen. The KVM would
turn the power off or reboot the boxes. Beware of
avocent. Their support sucks eggs too unless you're
willing to buy into their "installation support scam"
for several thousands of dollars.

--- Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
  You need an IP-KVM then, or iLo. /wes

Ahmed Elnagar wrote:
Yes I know the VNC could solve the application part
(CallManager orUnity). But what I need is the
operating system part, I face thisproblem in sites
when I have to reinstall everything and I don't have
ascreen and a keyboard nearby (strange situation I
know but I faced it)-----Original Message-----From:
Jonathan Charles [mailto:jonvoip at gmail.com] Sent:
Thursday, August 09, 2007 5:22 PMTo: Ahmed ElnagarCc:
Wes Sisk; cisco-voip at puck.nether.netSubject: Re:
[cisco-voip] CM InstallationI have installed CCM and
Unity completely thru VNC...The Unity install thru ILO
has failed in the past... (Cisco pointed toit being
because of ILO, but I didn't believe it).JonathanOn