[cisco-voip] Followup > OS 2003.1.2a upgrade and BAD_POOL_HEADER blue screensdeath

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Aug 15 11:01:31 EDT 2007

Notes from my UCCX 5.0(1) deployment;

Issue 1;

At boot F9, HP BIOS, System Options, Power Regulator, HP Static High
Performance change to OS Controlled, this fixed the Blue Screen of
Death.

Issue 2;

OS Update changed the binding order, made the disabled Local Area
Connection 2 the first in the binding. This creates problems with UCCX
5.x. You have to re-run the Desktop Administrator and re-boot after
fixing the binding order.

Issue 3;

The OS update 2003.1.2a seems to have issues, java complains out of
memory in logs, Task Manager sometimes opens, Event viewer may not open,
etc. TAC is still re-searching the root cause, appears I may have to
re-build and keep at OS 2003.1.1 (yeah I should have broken the mirror,
but hey it was a new buildout).

Issue 4;

You have to use the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for Customer Response
Solutions. You can NOT supply your own media (OS/SQL) for any CRS
component. You can't even use MS SQL SP4, you have to use all Cisco per
TAC. On boot you get a message the SQL version was not used from the
Cisco supplied discs if you try to supply your own SQL 2000.