[cisco-voip] Unregistered IP Phones

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:38:33 EDT 2007

I would guess its something on your network causing SCCP packets to get
dropped or delayed. Phone tries to register over to another server etc at
that point and puts messages in your event viewer. If the user is on a call
while the phone is trying to re-register and they try to use some feature
like hold or transfer, it will drop the call since there is no server to
facilitate the action.

Example, we had a PIX firewall messing with the sccp traffic at one site,
phone reset/re-registered constantly until we figured what was causing it.

On 8/16/07, omar parihuana <omar.parihuana at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Since two weeks I have issues with my  IP Phones, after check CCM 4.0 I
> saw a lot of errors by device unregistered, and my users are complain
> because the calls in course are dropped. I don't know why the IP Phones
> unregistered, pls any suggestions... thanks.
>
> My CCM logs are:
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: Cisco CallManager
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 3
>
> Date: 16/08/2007
>
> Time: 10:25:04 a.m.
>
> User: N/A
>
> Computer: PECMA01

> Error: DeviceUnregistered - Device unregistered.
>
> Device name.: SEP0013605818CA
>
> Device IP address.: 10.20.0.132
>
> Device type. [Optional]: 30007
>
> Device description [Optional].: Patricia Verastegui 2237
>
> Reason Code [Optional].: 8
>
> App ID: Cisco CallManager
>
> Cluster ID: PECMA01-Cluster
>
> Node ID: 10.20.0.16
>
> Explanation: A device that has previously registered with Cisco
> CallManager
>
> has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal
> unregistration
>
> event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives.
>
> Recommended Action: No action is required if unregistration of this device
>
> was expected..
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: Cisco CallManager
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 3
>
> Date: 16/08/2007
>
> Time: 10:24:52 a.m.
>
> User: N/A
>
> Computer: PECMA01

> Error: DeviceUnregistered - Device unregistered.
>
> Device name.: SEP00131A41940B
>
> Device IP address.: 10.20.1.114
>
> Device type. [Optional]: 30007
>
> Device description [Optional].: Stephanie Kilimajer 2215
>
> Reason Code [Optional].: 8
>
> App ID: Cisco CallManager
>
> Cluster ID: PECMA01-Cluster
>
> Node ID: 10.20.0.16
>
> Explanation: A device that has previously registered with Cisco
> CallManager
>
> has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal
> unregistration
>
> event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives.
>
> Recommended Action: No action is required if unregistration of this device
>
> was expected..
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: Cisco CallManager
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 3
>
> Date: 16/08/2007
>
> Time: 10:24:34 a.m.
>
> User: N/A
>
> Computer: PECMA01

> Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.
>
> Connecting Port: 0
>
> Device name [Optional].:
>
> Device IP address.: 10.20.20.45
>
> Device type. [Optional]: 255
>
> Reason Code [Optional].: 6

> [...]

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations