[cisco-voip] CER 1.2(3a)

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:48:29 EDT 2007

Hi Cathy,

I have not set this up for external numbers, but I don't see why it wouldn't
work. Couple things you might look at:

- Make sure it will work for internal numbers first
- Check the CTI ports you configured to call out from, make sure they have a
calling search space that can dial the external number.
- Make sure your contact number in CER is entered as you would dial it

What error are you getting?

Ed

On 8/20/07, Poper, Cathy <cpoper at hamilton.ca> wrote:

>  I've been attempting to enter an Onsite ERL profile so that the
> notification rings to an external telephone number (like a cell-phone). I'm
> getting an error when CER attempts to call the number. Is there a
> restriction in CER that only allows to an internal extension??
>
> If anyone has successfully enabled the alert to an outside telephone
> number please let me know…we're running CER 1.2(3a)…with CCM 4.1(3)+
>
> Thanks
>
> *Cathy Poper*
> *Network Support Analyst*
> *City of Hamilton-Information Technology Services*
> *55 York Blvd, 6th flr*
> *Hamilton. Ont. Canada*
> *L8L 3K7*
> *Tel: 905-546-2424 x5481*
> *Fax: 905-546-2333*
> *Email: cpoper at hamilton.ca*

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations