[cisco-voip] Stop 0x0000007B INACCESABLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing OS 4.5a SR2

Linsemier, Matthew MLinsemier at apcapital.com
Thu Aug 23 03:36:18 EDT 2007

All,

This evening while installing the latest OS service pack from Cisco (OS
4.5a SR2) and restarting the CCM server (publisher) I am now greeted
with a BSOD displaying Stop 0x0000007B INACCESABLE_BOOT_DEVICE.  This is
an IBM 7815-I1 server with a single SATA drive.  I didn't do anything
different then I normally do when I patch servers and have never had a
problem before this one.  I have tried booting using the last known good
configuration, safe mode with network, safe mode, and command prompt.  I
booted with a Windows 2000 Server CD and ran the recovery console and
proceeded to run a CHKDSK /P.  The first time through it got to 50%
before stopping and stating that "one or more unrecoverable errors have
been discovered".  The second time I ran CHKDSK it only got to 25%
before displaying the same message.  Is it conceivable that I lost the
drive on a reboot and patching the box was just a coincidence?

I have a recent BARS backup (8/22/07) so I am pretty confident that I
can restore the server (even though I have never actually done this
before).  Is it difficult to do so?  I am running CCM 4.1(3) with IPCC
3.5(1) co-resident.  Any links or experiences (or ideas to get back at
my data) would be appreciated.

Matt

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.