[cisco-voip] CME Shared Line with SIP Phone and SCCP Ephone

malhatma malhatma at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 16:22:12 EDT 2007

Hi List,

I try to understand how to setup a shared line with a Cisco 7960 (reg. via SCCP) and a Nokia E60 Sip Phone.
Calling in general works fine. The setup is as follows:

voice register dn  2
  number 53
  name ne60
  no-reg
  label NE60

voice register pool  2
  id mac 0000.1111.2222
  number 1 dn 2
  username ne60 password xxxxx
  codec g711alaw

ephone-dn  1  dual-line
  number 53 no-reg primary
  label 53
  call-forward busy 41
  call-forward noan 41 timeout 17
  huntstop channel
  no huntstop

When I call the 53 from another phone, only the SCCP phone rings.
"Show dialplan number" reveals the problem:

test_gw# sh dialplan number 53 | i Peer|destination|Matched
VoiceEncapPeer20001
         tag = 20001, destination-pattern = `53$',
Matched: 53   Digits: 3
VoiceOverIpPeer40001
         tag = 40001, destination-pattern = `53',
Matched: 53   Digits: 2
test_gw#

The $ seems to be interpreted as an additional match.
Well, ok. You can configure the SIP dn number as follows:

voice register dn  2
  number 53$

"sh run" looks as pasted below:

test_gw#sh run | s voice register dn  2
voice register dn  2
  number 53$
  name ne60
  no-reg
  label NE60

So far so good. But "sh dialplan numer" still shows:

test_gw# sh dialplan number 53 | i Peer|destination|Matched
VoiceEncapPeer20001
         tag = 20001, destination-pattern = `53$',
Matched: 53   Digits: 3
VoiceOverIpPeer40001
         tag = 40001, destination-pattern = `53',
Matched: 53   Digits: 2
test_gw#

And, sure enough, only the SCCP phone rings. I´m slowly running out of ideas.
Hunt Groups are no alternative, cause there is no broadcast feature withe CME.

Any hints?

Regards
Andre