[cisco-voip] Cisco Unity Stored Procs

Raf rafiq at dreamthought.com
Thu Jul 5 09:57:28 EDT 2007

Hi Matthew,

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Matthew Saskin wrote:
> There is some excellent information on this in the "Cisco Unity Deployment
> and Solutions Guide" book by cisco press.  It's possibly the single best
> reference out there for in-depth Unity material.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately I don't have immediate access to this book.  I do however
now have a more specific problem.. I'd been building an interface which
accesses cisco unity 4.2 bsaed on a document I had, which descibed stored
procedures such as csp_SubscriberCreate and csp_UserCreate - this was
attributed to 'UnityDirDb 1.1.' I have no idea what this is, however, now
that I finally have a unity 4.2 environment to work with, I've found that
these stored procedures do not seem to exist under this version.

o I'm curious as to whether anyone knows what version of Cisco Unity would
correlate with the UnityDirDB 1.1 interface.

o Further, I'm also curious as to whether anyone knows how one can create
a user via the storedprocedures exposed under Unity 4.2?

There is a fairly similar csp_CreateSubscriber, however I can't find any
obvious user creation functions.  I had noticed that the CreateSubscriber
still requires a user alias - it also has a uid attribute - however I'm
not sure how to create this user to start with?

Apologies for my ignorance - I'm a developer trying to interface a product
which I'm not so versed on.

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Raf