[cisco-voip] Call Forward Unregistered...

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Tue Jul 10 03:01:30 EDT 2007

 From a Cisco presentation on 16.Apr (can't find the link anymore,
though I've got the presentation if someone wants to take a look at it) :
* SAS and SASU for UC products (only) goes End of Sales on April 27th 2007
* Existing contracts will be honored until expiration
* Quotes dated April 27th or before honored for 60 days

... instead, now we've got ...

SAS = ESW (Esential Operate Software)
SASU = ESW + UCSS (Unified Communications Software Subscription )

where the UCSS is per year (1,2 or 3 year) and per user "upgrade
*product*". And as Cisco people told us, they will "make sure", that
ad-hoc upgrades will cost more, than this subscription, and you won't be
able to skip upgrades either (so to upgrade two major versions ad-hoc,
you'll need to buy two upgrades). Also, there will be one major upgrade
per year (how else could they tax us otherwise? :) )

And yes, 6.0 is still a Linux appliance. 7.x is promised to be cross
platform, though with this licensing scheme, who knows.

regards,
  Zoltan