[cisco-voip] Call Manager, BAT and Name Dialing

Regan Smith rsmith at westtel.ky
Tue Jul 10 19:50:20 EDT 2007

We have been attempting to populate a CM using the BAT. During the
update users upload we continually find **Lastname** appearing in the
user's last name and the change we want to occur failing (remove the
IPCC). After the upload we have restarted the Directory Sync hoping that
would replace the lastname back into the Directory (as suggested here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/64011?search_string=bat
.xlt;#64011) . No luck. We have tried moving around the fields but that
doesn't seem to help.

If we do a complete export users, delete them the users, remove the IPCC
field content and re-add the users, we can achieve the end goal. How can
we achieve this without the full user delete?

 Have anyone seen any instances similar to this?

As a side note, has anyone come across any way to force the "Name
Dialling" field? The only means we have found so far it to actually open
the user, then save the user. This populates the "Name dialling" field
for the user but I can't imagine doing this for a large install?

Regan Smith

Senior IT Consultant, Professional Services

( +1 345 745 2739 (Main)

( +1 345 743 0011 (Direct)

( +1 345 938 0011 (Cell)

( +1 345 743 3333 (Fax)