[cisco-voip] 911 Sanity Check

Tim Jackson jackson.tim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:47:17 EDT 2007

Your provider in Dallas would have to have connectivity to all of the 911
tandems that you are wanting to put service into, unless they are using a
service such as Dash911 etc... Usually only VoIP providers bother using
Dash911 or any sort of location-based E911.. Most traditional telcos will
only be able to offer you 911/E911 service off of whatever the local switch
that your PRI connects to...

There is no motivation (nor should there be) for Verizon to connect to all
of the 911 areas that you wish to service... The DFIATXXADS0 switch that
servces that NPA-NXX (assuming this isn't ported to another carrier)
probably only has trunks into the local Dallas 911 tandem...

You could sign up for Dash911 (http://www.dash911.com/) and use that instead
of routing the calls to your PRI provider in Dallas. They are more oriented
towards service providers, but I am willing to bet that they would
accommodate you.

--
Tim