[cisco-voip] Providing phone service in Mumbai and Johannesburg

Matthew Saskin matt at saskin.net
Mon Jul 16 11:39:34 EDT 2007

I've had the following setups running with quality ranging from "usable"
  to "good".  Provided end-user expectations are managed properly this
can  be made to work.

-Cluster located in Tokyo servicing offices as far out as Sydney (200ms rtt)
-Cluster located in Eastern United States servicing offices in London
and Bangalore.

Other than what you already mentioned (delay to dial-tone) things are
rather usable.

-matt