[cisco-voip] CCM to H323 GW to GK to CME issue

Erik Goppel egoppel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:40:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

I`m a bit lost on a issue that i am experiencing right now.
I have a Callmanager, whos is connected to a h323 GW, that GW is connected
to a Gatekeeper, the Gatekeeper has another 2 CME locations connected.

When i dial from a CME site to a CME site (through GK) the destination ip
phone rings, and upon answer i have audio.
When i dial from a CME site to the CCM Site (through the GK), the
destination phone will ring, and upon answer i have audio.

However, when i call from an IP Phone at the CCM site to a CME site (using
the h323 GW and GK), the CME phone will ring, however when i answer the CME
Phone, the cme phone produces several beeps (sounds like hold beeps), and
the CCM Phone stays on ring out, and drops the call after 10 seconds
now i`ve added the h225 connect passthru, and when i dial now the same
happens, however the CCM IP Phone shows connected and still drops the call
after 10 seconds.

When i configure a trunk on the CCM to the Gatekeeper, everything works like
it should, so it looks like my h323 GW hop is causing some issues.

my guess is that some h225 h245 and probably h450 messages are missing
between the h323 GW and the CME`s.

Does anyone have idea?

Grtz

Erik Goppel