[cisco-voip] Provider not recognizing my busy PRI?

c3voip c3voip at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 10:28:01 EDT 2007

I have a multi-PRI trunk group from my PSTN provider that rolls to the next
PRI when the first one fills up with incoming calls.  I was doing some
testing last night with the MGCP Change B-Channel Maintenance Status fields
in Service Parameters.  I successfully busied out the first PRI and then was
unable to make inbound calls to my numbers (call cannot be completed
recording).  I then cleared the PRI and was able to take calls again.  So I
shutdown the serial interface and was able to take calls on the next PRI.

Is there something wrong with my PRI setup that would cause my provider to
not recognize when I busy out my B-channels?  Is there something that I need
to request from my provider in order for them to recognize my busy outs?

Thanks,

-C