[cisco-voip] Provisioning CAMA Trunks

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Fri Jul 27 09:48:47 EDT 2007

n Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:12:12AM -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> We are in the process of ordering CAMA trunks for E911 access and are
> being asked some very detailed questions about how to provision the
> circuit (the local telco is Qwest).  I'll be using VIC2-4FXO cards in
> 3825 router to connect to these trunks [...]

We've been running CAMA trunks for a few years now on a 1760 via a
VIC2-2FXO.  I can't answer all the Qwest questions immediately, but I'm
asking our rep to pull our CSR -- that should show all the
USOCs/incantations that Qwest needs.

Here's some relevant snippets from the config on the 1760:
  trunk group  e911
   max-calls voice 2
   description e911 hunt group for voice-ports 2/0-1
   hunt-scheme round-robin
  !
  voice-port 2/0
   trunk-group e911