[cisco-voip] PRI Gateway CallingPres Prohib

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Jul 27 10:44:21 EDT 2007

Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a way to mark outbound calls as anonymous
> (or CallingPres Prohib) on a Cisco voice gateway (2600, 3600, 3800,
> etc)?  We are using * and passing calls via SIP to a 2600 with PRI card
> to telco.  We mark it on *, but it either doesn't get to the gateway, or
> the gateway changes it.  I can't just strip the number as our PRI
> provider then puts our lead DID on the call.  I need to mark it as
> anonymous and I can't figure out how to do that.  I would think there
> would be a translation-rule or something like that, but I haven't been
> able to find one that would work.  Thanks.

Well, there's a few things that may be at play here.  Note that in this
dial peer we have "clid restrict", so in your dial-peer if you're using
"*" to indicate that you want to suppress outbound clid you'd have
something like

dial-peer voice 871 pots
trunkgroup Local 1
trunkgroup FXO 3
description Local 7-digit pattern - use Local PRI first, then FXO
preference 1
destination-pattern *8[2-9]......
clid restrict
forward-digits 7

In my deployment, I actually suppress clid for all outbound dial-peers,
but have a *8T destination pattern / dial-peer that has a trunkgroup FXO
so that those calls go out the analog.

Of course, the other issue may be that your PSTN provider is ignoring
the fact that you're suppressing clid and stuffing it in anyways, so you
may want to talk to them.