[cisco-voip] shared line as primary line

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Jul 27 10:51:41 EDT 2007

Bill Simon wrote:
> I do it with my test phones, all have the same single DN assigned, and
> it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.  Why does Cisco say not to do
> this?

Maybe because it exposes the fact that not all the lines would start
ringing at the same time?  I'm running into this situation at a remote
site (Beijing, with call processing cluster in the U.S.) - no
receptionist, so the main number is on every phone.  When the main
number gets a call various phones start ringing, but the ring cadence is
such that they're "out of phase" with each other.

Without doing traces, I'm guessing it's because CM has to unicast to
each phone to get them to start ringing. (And because of TCP delay it
just makes it apparent)

CM 4.1.3sr2, phones are running 8.2.1