[cisco-voip] shared line as primary line

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Jul 27 18:09:20 EDT 2007

Yup, the component that controls the line has to tell every phone that the
line exists on to start ringing.  The signal goes out to the component that
controls the phone in some random order and depending on how many phones the
line is shared across this can be quick enough to be simultaneous or it can
appear spread out.  If the phones are registered to different subscribers
the rings can be that much more spread out.

-Ryan