[cisco-voip] TAPS question...

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Mon Oct 1 11:44:04 EDT 2007

Jonathan,

It's been a while and it was on 4.1.3 but I think you need to install TAPS
on both PUB and IPCC.  You DO NOT need to install an instance of IPCC on
the Pub.  Read the docs again and make sure you are not mixing
documentation for a coresident IPCC install.  It can be tricky getting
TAPS to work properly but when you do I think it helps a lot.  Being able
to drop phones anywhere instead of assigning to user via MAC works well in
large deployments.....

Carlos

"Jonathan Charles" <jonvoip at gmail.com>
Sent by: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
10/01/2007 11:37 AM

"cisco-voip at puck.nether.net" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
cc

Subject
[cisco-voip] TAPS question...

I am doing a phone deployment with IPCC, and I want to use TAPS...

We have a pair of CCM4.3 7845s and a pair of 7845 IPCC 4.1 servers
(High Availability)...

Where should I install TAPS?

The Cisco documentation implies I should install another instance of
IPCC on the CCM Publisher (this seems dumb to me), but I have seen
posts implying problems installing it on the IPCC cluster...

Any ideas?

Jonathan