[cisco-voip] R: Very Strange Behaviour

Patrick Diener patrick.diener at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:03:00 EDT 2007

H323 GW do not register AT ALL on all CCM and CUCM versions

preference configuration on the GW just tells the GW which dial-peer
to take first if destination-pattern on two or more dial-peers have
equal length matching.
If no preference is configured (which is pref. 0 by default) you leave
it up to the IOS software to choose one of these equal matching
dial-peers. This is not dependable on the CCM or CUCM version in use,
in fact the GW is not even aware that the dial-peers point to a CCM,
for the GW the CCMs are just H323 terminals...

Regards
Patrick