[cisco-voip] CCM 4.X and Bogen UTI1 Integration

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:33:52 EDT 2007

I've got paging setup using the station port on a UTI1 successfully. The
next task is to have calls to a main line ring overhead. I thought I could
perhaps use the Night Ring Leads on the unit to accomplish this. I've tried
this with an FXS port configured for Ground Start. I am able to call and
hear the night ring, the problem is that at this point the call is connected
and the caller will hear dead air as the night bell continues to chime :)
Perhaps I just need a different type of port, and that I am not sure of. The
Documentation for the Bogen mentions contact closure, I'm not sure how to
accomplish that:

The UTI1 night ringer signaling feature is designed to alert personnel to
incoming
calls after normal business hours.The feature is activated by a contact
closure from
the PBX.
The night ringer normally sounds a simulated ring tone, but can be
programmed
to sound a chime tone.
To physically connect the night ringer wiring:
     Make sure that the power is disconnected.
1.
2.   Wire the contact closure used for night ring to the NTR (+5V) and C
     terminals on the UTI1. Maximum contact resistance for contact closure
     activation is 1000 ohms. Open collector type outputs for controlling a
page
     may also be used.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,