[cisco-voip] Access restrictions AXL/SOAP CCM4.2

Charles Ragan, Jr. ciscojock2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 21:22:13 EDT 2007

Nope - it's true.  With 4.2 and later you can restrict using MLA.

  With previous versions of CM, we chose to restrict what ip address space could access the soap/axl interface within IIS.

  Charles

Dietmar <db7td at gmx.de> wrote:
  Hi all,

while playing a little with the AXL/SOAP interface of CCM 4.2, I realized that
every authenticated user is able to read and modify (!) ALL settings, even
these of phones/lines that are not assigned to that user.

I would have expected that a user can only modify his own settings with the
AXL/SOAP interface. Hopefully, this is true and someone has an idea what is
wrong with my CCM settings ;-). Any hints?

Thanks,
Dietmar

Charles Ragan Jr., Technology Consultant
Principal Consultant - CCIE #1764
Cell Phone - 336-442-4361
http://www.geocities.com/ciscojock2002/