[cisco-voip] Secondary DNs only have 7 ring choices?

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:52:38 EDT 2007

You need to use a TFTP client (TFTPD32, etc) to download the file from
the server, then modify it as your used to. Then to put the new file
back, SSH into the Call Manager and issue a 'file delete tftp
DistinctiveRingList.xml' command to delete the old file. Then you go
into the OS Admin (IPT Platform) web page and go under Software ->
TFTP and upload the new XML file. I've found (at least on the 5.1
versions I've done this on) that if you use the web page to upload the
file and it already exists it puts it there with Upper or lowercase at
front, etc and you have 2 files which are the same name just with
upper/lower case differences.

Afterwards, you may need to restart the Cisco TFTP service if it is
caching the old file.