[cisco-voip] Upgrade Hardware Question

Adam cisco at adman.net
Thu Oct 25 10:04:58 EDT 2007

I have a customer that has the following environment:

* CallMananger 4.1(3) running on two identical MCS-7835-H1-IPC1. IPCC 4.0(4)
also runs coresident on the Publisher.
* Unity UM 4.0(3) running in a failover configuration on a as the primary
MCS-7835H-3.0-ECS1 and a UNITY-SVR7837-1A as the secondary.

We would like migrate to CallManager 6.0 and Unity 4.2, while replacing the
Unity hardware and ordering a new standalone UCCX server at the same time.
In order to have the least impact on up time we thought it would be ideal to
install the CallManagers onto new hardware. What would be the best way to
achieve this. I know that I should order an ECS1 server for the new Unity
boxes, but these are probably the servers that I will actually end up using
for the CallManagers. I would like to retask the two MCS-7835-H1-IPC1
servers as the Unity servers after the CallManagers have been upgraded, but
I'm not sure where I'm left from a licensing standpoint. Will I be able to
obtain and use a Unity platform preparation disk on these servers? Would
these be TAC supported? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam