[cisco-voip] cm5.1 and 6.0 'SRs' on Cisco.com

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:25:38 EDT 2007

How do I know whether an ES is incorporated into a newer release of CM code?

For example, 5.1.2es 5.1.2.3104-1 was released on October 4th.  5.1.3
was released on Oct 1st.  Is it fair to assume then that the fixes in
5.1.2.3104-1 are not included in 5.1.3, or is it just that the files
were posted at different times?  (also, when I read the 5.1.3 release
notes it doesn't indicate when it branched from 5.1.2)

I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't recall
any SR's being released on the 4.1.2 branch once 4.1.3 was released.

So I'm confused as to why development on 5.1.2 (via ES updates) would
be released concurrently with 5.1.3 versions.

I just want to make sure that if I apply an ES for 5.1.2 that I won't
gain any features/fixes that I might lose if I then upgrade to 5.1.3.
(I can understand losing features for a major upgrade from 5.1.3 to
6.x (just like 4.2 to 5.0)

This release cycle kinda seems a little more like the traditional CCM
ES concept than a SR. Am I reading this incorrectly?

Thanks.
Justin