[cisco-voip] CUBE or IP IP GW with MTP

Ryan O'Connell Roconnell at unislumin.com
Thu Oct 25 22:34:39 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Quick question, on IOS routers you can use DSP resources as MTP. I
understand and implemented this many times in the past using SCCP
commands that point back to CallManager or CallManager Express. I'm just
wondering in the case of CUBE or IP-IP GW used as a SIP trunk to the
Service provider, and we are not using CallManager or CallManager
Express can I still use the DSP's for MTP's, Transcoding? In my case I'm
specifically looking for MTP's cause I need it for FAST Start H.323
calls.

According to the attached Document there is such thing as a "HARDWARE
based MTP" but the bullet stats that it uses SCCP

1.    MTPs ( and Transcoders ) can be controlled by Communications
Manager or the Cisco Unified Border Element (via SCCP)

So do they mean that I have to turn on "TELEPHONY-SERVICES" just to make
use of these MTP or am I missing something

Ryan

Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated
addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in
error and that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is
message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

Attention:

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  Disclosure to any person other than the named recipient is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies of this information and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of UNIS LUMIN Inc. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  UNIS LUMIN Inc. and any of its subsidiaries reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Thank you.