[cisco-voip] Intercom History

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:24:25 EDT 2007

Ryan Ratliff wrote:
> No the intercom is only in 6.x however the phone load included with
> SR5d added support for that feature.  The phone however isn't smart
> enough to know that the CM it's registering with supports the feature
> or not so it always shows the intercom history.

Ugh.  Cisco has managed to stuff a peer-to-peer firmware distribution
system into the phone, but not a "capabilities" query during
registration to CallManager that returns a boolean "display Intercom
History bubble"?

This almost seems like a mis-feature to me.  I'm sure that someone,
somewhere really, really loves this Intercom History thing, and I'll
tell my account team that I don't. But does an organization with 1500
7970 telephones really have any voice in these sorts of things?