[cisco-voip] CUBE or IP IP GW with MTP

Ryan O'Connell Roconnell at unislumin.com
Fri Oct 26 13:20:09 EDT 2007

Ok,

Whats best practice

So If I have a Service Provider SIP trunk terminating lets say 100 DID's. From my IP to IP GW I'm pointing these DID's to various destinations. For example 40 DID's going to CallManager, 30 DID's going to a remote CallManager Express and the remaining 30 DID's pointing to something else like some of that new Microsoft Stuff (mediation server and OCS)

If I'm doing something like this do I setup all MTP / Transcoding on the IPtoIP GW and register it against Telephony Services or should I use each remote system to have their own resources to use?
Or
Do I pass all calls through one system ie (CallManger) and create a dialplan from there that brings all these systems together?

Hope this makes sense?

Ryan

<http://www.unislumin.com>