[cisco-voip] CallManager 4.x (vs.) 6.x

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:31:36 EDT 2007

Both have good and bad.

linux version is nice with the dual partitions for upgrading and backing out.

Windows has a little easier access to the DB.  As far as being locked
out....... I think some of it is just a readjustement to new ways of
getting to the same data.

personally I run CM 4.1.3 but just did a install of 5.1.2 for one of
my School districts.  Since I'm so late in the game right now I'm
waiting for 6.1 in January to start shipping and will most likely
upgrade to 6.1 just so I don't have to turn around and do a second
major upgrade.

With all that said...... at Open Mic tomorrow I'm going to ask to make
SFTP optional rather then  mandatory.  there is no reason why a server
on the same network needs to be SFTP for a stupid backup.  If a Hack
wanted my backup file he can have it ;-)

just my 2 cents.

Scott

PS.  I love that there is no java problems with 5.x