[cisco-voip] Castelle Fax Press turn off ECM and Super G3

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Wed Oct 31 03:21:09 EDT 2007

A quick googling tells me it's a fax server, and (if it wasn't obvious
from that alone :P) it's max speed is 14,4kbps. So it's definitely not
Super G3 (v.34bis, up to 33.6 kbps). It's not even G3 (v.34, 28.8kbps)

Also, ECM may or may not be supported at all. It's probably not, though.

I'd say, for now, the safest bet anyway is to run with passthrough fax,
don't try to relay it.

regards,
  Zoltan