[cisco-voip] networkers or ciptug

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Apr 3 00:22:17 EDT 2008

I've gone to both - it's difficult to decide which is better. Networkers by far has a greater variety of presentation topics, so if you where a networking hat as well as telephony hat, you might like it better. CIPTUG is more user driven, so many of the presentations are from users. That being said, calibre of presentations may not be what you are used to. Networkers presentations go through the grind a few times and are usually honed for time, audience, content, etc. But user presentations can sometimes be spot on what you are looking for. Very real world examples here, and the truth will come out whether they were successful or not and what you need to do to get it to work. The smaller scale also makes things very collegial. You'll know about 10% of the attendees by their first name by the end of the thing.

If you have never been to CIPTUG and spend more than 50% of your time in IP telephony, go to CIPTUG.

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt