[cisco-voip] networkers or ciptug

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:32:16 EDT 2008

Ditto what Lelio said. One thing I've noticed also with Networkers is about
half of the telephony sessions are almost identical to the previous year's..
As long as I'm lucky enough to have work sending me to one of them I think
i'm going to alternate which one I attend each year myself to try and get
the best of both.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>  I've gone to both - it's difficult to decide which is better. Networkers
> by far has a greater variety of presentation topics, so if you where a
> networking hat as well as telephony hat, you might like it better. CIPTUG is
> more user driven, so many of the presentations are from users. That being
> said, calibre of presentations may not be what you are used to. Networkers
> presentations go through the grind a few times and are usually honed for
> time, audience, content, etc. But user presentations can sometimes be spot
> on what you are looking for. Very real world examples here, and the truth
> will come out whether they were successful or not and what you need to do to
> get it to work. The smaller scale also makes things very collegial. You'll
> know about 10% of the attendees by their first name by the end of the thing.
>
> If you have never been to CIPTUG and spend more than 50% of your time in
> IP telephony, go to CIPTUG.

> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
> "Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations