[cisco-voip] RTP and Bluecoat

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed Apr 9 14:50:11 EDT 2008

That certainly sounds like an official "Cisco says not to do that" sort
of answer  ;-)

Meaning you can now go back to your IT managers and say "we can't do
that to calls, and you have to purchase/find a way NOT to send calls
through that device"

;-)

I did that with WAN management hw at my previous employer-- they wanted
to do that as well, and once I could get a Cisco rep to say "not a good
idea" - that was all that was needed to kill off that particular bit of
IT management crazy-thinking....they immediately didn't want to do
anything Cisco recommended against.