[cisco-voip] LDAP with CUP and CUPC

Stone Cold stonecoldcisco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:45:08 EDT 2008

I am installing a Presence server 6.0. in the CUCM 6.1 network. As I am
setting it up I am having a hard time understanding all the functions of
each part I am setting up. An example of this is I understand I need to
settup an LDAP server however I am not finding many details behind the
function of the LDAP for CUPC.
1. Is the LDAP a server that Cisco is expecting to be on the customers
network like their Microsoft AD?
2. Can the CUCM act as LDAP?
3. What server does LDAP get installed on?
4. Does the customer need to provide this LDAP on one of their existing
servers?
5. What if the customer did not have Microsoft or exchange and just wanted
Cisco CUCM, IP Phones, Unity Connection, and CUPC clients for IM. In this
situation where would you install the LDAPand what repository would it point
to?
6. There are a lot of steps to get this system up and running has anyone
found a good paper explaining all the correct steps in on document to get
the Presence server configured with CUCM and  CUPC clients other than the
multiple guides?