[cisco-voip] LDAP with CUP and CUPC

James Buchanan jbuchanan at ctiusa.com
Wed Apr 9 23:02:13 EDT 2008

Hello,

On the LDAP side, you must specify something. It will either be
CallManager or AD typically. If you are AD-integrated on the UCM 6.X
side, you will want to set the LDAP server as the same AD server on the
CUPS side. All the Presence client uses this for is to query the users.

CUCM is an LDAP server by default.

Check out these links:

Post install tasks 1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install
_upgrade/installation/guide/cpins601.html#wp48977

This is a really good one that has what has to be done on UCM and the
CUPS server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install
_upgrade/deployment/guide/TD-Book-Wrapper.html

having to worry about Microsoft at all.

Thanks,

James