[cisco-voip] LDAP with CUP and CUPC

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Apr 10 09:54:44 EDT 2008

CUCM 5.x and later does not have an ldap server.  CUPS requires an
external ldap server, and the usernames in that ldap must match the
userids of the end users in CUCM.  Most often people accomplish this
by pointing both CUCM and CUPS to the same ldap server however it is
not strictly required for CUCM to be synched with ldap to get it to
work.

You can certainly try to point CUPS at the CUCM for ldap, but it's
not going to be able to do any ldap queries.

-Ryan