[cisco-voip] UC6 up

Scot Gossen ninergoose at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 12:02:13 EDT 2008

This past weekend we attempted to upgrade a client's callmanagers to 6.1. They were running a 4.1 publisher and subscriber on supposedly cisco approved HP servers. We first upgraded them to CM4.2.3, upgraded the memory and ran the DMA tool, which worked and passed with no errors. Once we began the 6.1 install, it said we had "unapproved hardware". Looking thru the 6.1 install logs, the problem turned out that we had 2.666mhz processors. We found out later that either the 2.26mhz or 3.0mhz in the model of HP server we had would have worked but the 2.666 would not. The original cisco Windows OS had installed fine and was not "hacked" onto the box that we could tell. All of the research we did before the upgrade gave no indications that the server wasn't approved and the DMA tool gave NO indications that there was an issue.

-Go0se