[cisco-voip] ucm 5.1 to 6.1 upgrade

Eric Pedersen eric.pedersen at sait.ca
Tue Apr 15 14:04:44 EDT 2008

I'm confused about the UCM 5.1 to 6.1 upgrade.  The cisco docs I found
said I need to order a UCM 6.1 DVD for this, which should contain a
ucm...tar.gz.sgn file.  I ordered an upgrade kit and a box came with the
label "SW Upgrade CM 5.1/5.1 to 6.1 for Cisco Smartnet?" (not sure why
Cisco puts a ?).  The DVD inside says "Cisco Unified Communications
Manager 6.1, Includes CUCM 6.1 (Install and Upgrade from 4.1/4.2)".  Is
this going to work for 5.1, or was I sent the wrong DVD?  I did not see
a tar.gz.sgn file on the DVD.

Thanks,

Eric