[cisco-voip] DMA 4.2 to 6.x staging !!!

Kevin Thorngren kthorngr at cisco.com
Thu Apr 17 11:13:14 EDT 2008

This describes one of the problems that can be encountered with an
underscore in the hostname:
http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K40221577

Although I have not tried this myself the 6.1(1) upgrade
documentation states, on page 20-21:
"This feature allows you to import your 4.x data to a 6.1(1) server
without having to preserve the IP
Address or Host Name. The IP Address and/or Host name of the 6.1(1)
server can differ from the 4.x
servername. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_1_1/
upgrd611-pdf.pdf

Due to the rules built into DMA I would suspect, although I don't
have documentation to back it up, that any non-DNS supported
characters will be flagged as an error.

Do you remember if the hostname or IP Address was configured under
System > Server?

I am note sure if DMA performs the hostname check against the actual
hostname or what is configured under System > Server.  Based on
looking at some DMA logs I can see that DMA does keep track of the
actual hostname, Ip Address and System Server hostname/IP.

Kevin