[cisco-voip] Using Nortel Meridian PBX as shared voice egress with 3845

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 09:12:38 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I've inherited a real hairball of a project where a
customer is moving offices. They have 16 T1 circuits
hanging off of this main hub office and the customer
is proposing to do a hotcut on all of them. <!!!>

They're using a 3845 that is connected to a Newbridge
3600 Mainstreet unit that multiplexes voice, data,
*and* radio traffic. Their current office uses a PBX
connected to an adtran unit that connects to the 3845
box. I'm not really sure how all of this works yet.

The new office has a much larger Nortel Meridian PBX
that will be shared with another tenant. We're going
to be using a T1 ISDN PRI line that is already live on
this PBX. So my question is, what is the best way to
connect the 3845 to this PBX?

I was thinking that maybe another card in the PBX
would enable us to connect to the outgoing PRI off the
backplane to a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card on the 3845...but
I really have no idea at this point. Anybody have any
experience with this kind of thing?

I'd appreciate any pointers in the correct direction
in this matter.

Thanks!
Paul