[cisco-voip] OT: Channel Bank recommendations

Vince Loschiavo VLoschiavo at data-corporation.com
Mon Apr 21 23:21:39 EDT 2008

 All,

I'm looking for a channel bank recommendation.

A customer of mine has 175 POTS lines (over which they get unlimited international calling) that I need to terminate onto a Voice Gateway.

After some mulling and various recommendations by my colleagues, I think a Channel Bank (FXO<->PRI) is the way to go.  Since I've never spec'd one out...I'm looking for suggestions....

Are there any models / brands that you would recommend?
Also...should I get one big mamajamma to do all the lines (I'm worried about failures) or should I split this into multiple channel banks....thoughts?

Let the debate begin.